1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?
The simulations taught me many things about my character and the world back then. We didn't have the comforts we have now. we couldn't just say "mom I want water", we had to work for everything we have now and If back then we gave up we would not have this, what we have. So I learned times back then was a lot harder than What they are like now. This helped me better understand the the questions better. People move because they have to recorces run out and it becomes harder and harder to live where you are, you may think this is not true now but it is. People move because of there jobs and with out the jobs we wouldn't have any money to live. When people move often you don't understand the language but you have to understand to live, we can simply offer those people things
2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this?
3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
The journal was my life. Her body and my mind. I learned everything she did. I watched her Being thrown of her land, the times she faced. With out the journals I would not have understood. The life of a simple basket weaver was hard but interesting and Most of learning was done in the journals.
4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved?
The best part of the presentation was How I learned how characters combined. How they lived like that in fear of harm everyday. Before the presentation I would have never thought that without every one of the olden time characters had a part to play and with out them we would live in fear today. It could have been improved if we could have put it together better. It had all the pieces but it was not the perfect puzzle yet. We could have used this more wisely.
5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.
My biggest learning was to see how hard it is for people back the. You didn't have somewhere to go if you had nothing. People throw you of your own land. You were in slaved and times were hard when no one was there for you. It was something every body has to face. No coming back to your warm home. If you wanted water at 5 am You had to leave you house and walk forever to get it. Kids started working at young age's. Times were hard and strange.